Friday, January 27, 2012

Same Sh*t... Different Year

I haven't written anything in a few months...



I was really busy at work up until my last day on Christmas Eve. Hate being seasonal... of course I AM still available... but I'm not part of the clique. Whatevs.

I did finally get my van. She is a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT... all the bells & whistles... the kids love the remote sliding doors & the DVD player.

I finally had found another job... I was going to be going to Papa Ginos. Remember when I had my kidney infection last week. Well, apparently, they like to play games there. The told me they would call me on Tuesday before 2.
Even during my orientation, I was in über pain... but I just sat there and pretended to be fine. They didn't need to know what was going on with my body.

I was in way too much pain to deal Tuesday... I waited all day for their call... around 1:30... I fell asleep. The percocet I took kicked in and I passed out.
I woke around 6. It was now too late to call them and see what was going on... I called the next day... but the manager wasn't in. Just as I was getting ready to try again on Thursday... they called me. I explained to them what had happened. They asked if my back "injury" was something that happened a lot... I didn't want to tell them my personal stuff (that it was a kidney infection), but I did assure them that it was just something that came on suddenly... but I was fine & eager to start. They told me that they would call me in a day or 2 with a schedule.

After not hearing anything through Tuesday, I called and ended up speaking to the MIT... he told me that they were disappointed that I hadn't called them. I assured him it was completely unintentional and that it was NOT something I ever do... he told me to call the manager on Thursday. (Today)

I got up this morning and called first thing in the am. I was informed that they had changed their minds about my employment. That I failed their "test"... I understand from their point of view... I do... I've been a manager... but I find it exceptionally petty and underhanded. Do I really want to work for a company that treats people with such disrespect?

Screw it.

I did discover a new website... Scary Mommy
For anyone who knows that sometimes being a parent/spouse is just hell... Check it out. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. That is a shitty set of circumstances, why not be upfront if you have issues with possibly hiring someone...grrrr

    Glad you are enjoying SM

    ReplyDelete