Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I smacked myself in the face with the camera...

So, day 1 at work was interesting. I sat a computer for hours doing e-learning. For those of you Walmartians... its kinda like doing CBLs for HOURSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

And the worst part was... it was e-learning things I knew... like F-Stop... ISO... seriously? UGH. And HOW to sell... I've been in sales/customer service for 23 years... And I've been in Photography for 20 years.
Speaking of that... my manager... very sweet girl... shes 20... remember how I thought she looks 15? I saw her photography on Facebook... she does a very beautiful job... and I saw some pictures she took last night... very nice.

My only *sigh* would be that after sitting at the computer all day... she then proceeded to tell me how to pose an infant... how to use the posing seat etc. I realize she was only doing her job... I do... but at the same time I wanted to scream. I'm 35... shes 20... When I left SPS, she was 10... I know how to POSE. *sigh*
Its not her fault. And she was very professional about it... so if she ever reads this... I hope she isn't offended... but I just felt like... ugh.

Using the camera was difficult. Not because I don't know how to use a camera/frame/focus etc... but the camera is mounted. I'd have the shot framed, let go & the camera would shift ever so slightly... I'll just have to remember to frame a bit looser than usual & adjust after. I'm used to having my camera in my hands... I love the weight of it... the feel of it. I didn't like that I wasn't loosening the camera grip enough... & I smacked myself in the face with it. LoL

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Photoshop. I believe a picture should speak for itself. If you have to go back and make a bunch of edits & enhancements to try and "sell" your work... than you should focus on bettering your photography skills... not your Photoshop actions. But... what do I know... ?

No comments:

Post a Comment